This salsa is very simple with only 6 ingredients. My mom makes this when we don’t have any salsa, since it is so fast and easy to make. It can literally go with anything, such as carne asada and milanesa.
- 6 tomatillo
- chile de arbol (about a handful)
- 1 Chile california
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- small amount of onion
- salt (as desired)
- Wash all ingredients
- Toast the chile de arbol on a pan, this will take about 2 minutes max because we don’t want the chile to burn.
- Toast the chile California until it is nice and soft, but make sure not to burn it.
- Toast the tomatillos as well, but nott until they are soggy, only until they soften.
- Add the toasted ingredients into the blender
- add the garlic and onion into the blender as well
- Add the desired amount of salt
- Add about a cup of water into the ingredients
- Blend all the ingredients together for about 3 minutes, this depends on the consistency you like the salsas.
- Viola! the salsa is ready!
You can alter the spiciness of the salsa by adding more chile de arbol. Hope you like it!