Tinga is a like spicy chicken, but better! There is a sweet yet spicy taste in each spoonfull. My mom usually makes this when we are going to have unexpected family over, since it is a quick and fast meal to prepare.
- 2 onions
- 3 tomatoes
- chicken breast
- 1 small can of chile chipotle
- 3 garlic cloves
- vegetable oil
- sour cream
- queso fresco
- salt (as desired)
- Wash all ingredients.
- Slice the onions.
- Boil the chicken breast until cooked.
- Once the chicken breast is cooked, remove from the stove and wait for the chicken to cool down.
- When the chicken is cool enough then shred the chicken into small pieces.
- Add a small amount of oil into a saucepan, then fry the onions until they are golden. Make sure not to burn them.
- Add some salt, not too much.
- Once the onions are golden, add the shredded chicken into the saucepan.
- While the chicken is getting warm on the sauce pan, begin preparing the sauce.
- For the sauce, blend the tomatoes, the chile chipotle, and the garlic.
- When the sauce is all blended, evenly, then pour onto the saucepan.
- Mix the ingredients in the saucepan.
- wait until the sauce boils in the saucepan, then it is ready.
- You are ready! Now you can enjoy a tostada de tinga. Add sour cream and cheese on top off the tostada, if wanted, but it makes it so much better!