Ensalada de nopales is a really easy meal to prepare and is very common in my house at least. It has a twist of flavors, you are able to taste the sweet cactus leaves and the spicy chile. This is definitely a good mix!
- 4 Cactus leaves
- 2 Tomato
- half an avocado
- 1 or 2 chiles (depending on the spiciness as desired)
- 1/4 of an onion
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- fresh cheese
- Wash all ingredients.
- Dice the cactus leaves. Make sure the thorns are cleaned off.
- Boil the diced cactus leaves for as long as needed.
- While the Cactus is boiling, Dice the tomatoes
- Dice the onions.
- Put all the ingredients together as they are getting cut.
- Cut the cilantro in small pieces as well.
- Cut the avocado in a way that it is easy to mix.
- Add the avocado seed so the salad won’t turn brown as quick.
- Add the cactus once it is boiled thoroughly.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Add a little bit of salt, as much as you desire.
- Then mix again 🙂
- Add fresh cheese to add some flavor to the salad.
- Congrats! You finished making the salad.
- You can enjoy the salad with a tostada.